We believe all we have is a gift from God. Our time, our abilities, our possessions, our money...everything. We also believe in being good stewards of what God has given us. Part of being good stewards is also being cheerful givers of the things the Lord has entrusted us with. God wants us to be faithful, no matter how little or how much we have. The New Testament teaches over and over about being faithful with what you have been given. 2 Corinthians 8-9 shows us great principles on generous giving:
1. Generous giving is sacrificial.
2. Generous giving is something that only some people are spiritually gifted for, others must be taught stewardship.
3. Generous giving is a gospel issue.
4. Generous giving encourages churches to share with other churches and ministries in need.
5. Generous giving is about sowing and reaping.
6. Generous giving is one of the many evidences that someone is truly a Christian.
7. Generous giving promotes the worship of Jesus as God.
Ultimately giving is not about the wallet as much as it is about the heart. Jesus tells us that, "Where your treasure is, there your heart will also be." As followers of Jesus it is not a burden to give to the Lord, but rather a blessing. It is in Christ that we give joyfully to His kingdom, His work, and His church for His name to be made known among the nations.
We encourage all followers of Jesus to give: freely, regularly, sacrificially, and joyfully.